How to Cook Spaghetti Squash
What Is Spaghetti Squash?
how to cook spaghetti squash, you
may wonder what it is. Spaghetti Squash is a type of
that looks like a squash on the outside, but has
thin strands on the inside which look like
spaghetti. For spaghetti squash, the larger the
squash the better the flavor.
How To Cook Spaghetti Squash
Below are 4 different ways
to cook spaghetti squash.
1) Heat a large pot of water (big
enough to hold the whole squash) to
2) Carefully drop in the squash
into the boiling water and cook for 20 to 30
minutes, depending on its size.
3) Check if the squash is done by
testing if fork slides easily into the flesh.
4)Remove the spaghetti squash from
the water and carefully cut it in half. Then pull a
fork lengthwise through the center of each half to
separate the squash into long strands.
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) Place the whole squash into a
baking dish and then carefully pierce the skin
several times with a large fork.
3) Place in the oven for
approximately 1 to 1-1/2 hours until a fork slides
easily into the flesh.
4) Carefully cut the squash in half
and then pull a fork lengthwise through the center
of each half to separate the squash into long
1) Cut squash in half lengthwise
and remove the seeds.
2) Place the squash with cut sides
up into a microwaveable dish and add 1/4 cup of
3) Cover with a microwaveable lid
and cook on high for 10 to 12 minutes, again
depending on the size of the squash.
4) Let stand covered for 5 minutes.
5) Using a fork, comb out the
strands from the rind by running the fork through
the center of each half.
1) Choose a smaller spaghetti
squash, unless you have an extra large slow cooker.
2) Pierce the skin of the spaghetti
squash several times with a large fork and then
place in the crock pot and cover with 2 Cups of
3)Cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
4) Once the spaghetti squash is
cooked, let it cool for 10 to 20 minutes before
cutting in half and removing the seeds. Pull a fork
lengthwise through the center to separate it into